Oracle to Sybase PHP question

Hello PHP gurus,

I have just started to learn PHP, since I have inherited some previous PHP scripts that I must maintain.

My question is this: I have to write a script that gets data from a view in Oracle. I then need to insert that data into a Sybase database. Can this be done? This will run every 5 minutes. The view could produce 0 rows of data or multiple rows of data, so I guess I would need to use an array of some kind.

Anyone have any ideas that could point me in the right direction?

Thanks
Jion