Re: Mail problem

Well, i've developed such a system, MarketMAX.

And ill just give you a little tip here :

1. Dont use BCC field, it look bad and your not able to populate
    the emails from your database, eg. Dear %username%
    Ofcourse if your bulksend the same message, always, then
    BCC could spare your from headache.
2. THE TIMEOUTS!
    Be aware, very aware, not only do you need to account for
    php timeout, you also should be very aware of standard sendmail
    configuration regarding spam. Most installations ive encountered
    does not like say. 500 emails dumped at them during a few seconds.
    They will probably detect you as spam, and all the mails are deleted.
    The best part, all cases Ive encountered, you dont get an error so you
    think everyuthing is swell -> It isnt!

    What you need to do is a) create a cron job that bulk sends. eg. 50
    emails each 10 second or such. My sollutions was to create a batch
    system that pulls the 50 last entries from the batch list, prints out
the
    html page with a 5sec meta refresh. This keeps looping till there is no
    emails left.

You might be lucky to be on a system that doesnt care how many emails
sendmail spews out, but this is in fact bad. If this is happening, you
probably
will experience someone taking advantage of the system resulting in the
server IP getting blacklisted -> and this is very bad for all users.
But if you do it right, and also create a lot of "what if" scenarios, you
should
be just fine.

Happy programming!

--
Kim Steinhaug
There are 10 types of people when it comes to binary numbers: