From: Jacob Hackamack [mailto:JHackamack@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, November 05, 2003 8:00 PM
To: php-db@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Problem

Currently there seems to be some problem with syntax of some sort, for
some
reason I keep getting thrown back parse errors, commenting out the lines
just moves the parse error line around.  If anybody has any help thanks
in
advance.

<?php

include('config.php');

$Period = $_POST["Period"];
$Name = $_POST["Name"];

$conn = mysql_connect ( $dbhost , $dbuser , $dbpass );
$sql_select = 'SELECT * FROM school.physics_chris_rockets WHERE Period
LIKE
'.$Period.' AND Visible LIKE "Y" ORDER by Position, Name, Date';
$result = mysql_query($sql_select);

echo '<title>Physics Sign-Up Input</title>';
echo '            <form action="processinfo.php" method="post"
name="Insert_Record">';
echo '                <input type=hidden name=Period
value="'.$Period.'">';
echo '                <input type=hidden name=Name value="'.$Name.'">';
echo '                <h2>Welcome '.$Name.', ';
echo '                 <table border=1></table>';

$Space = '';
$Data = $dataRow[1] ;

echo'      <th scope="col">Position</th>';
echo'      <th scope="col">Openings</th>';
echo'       <br>';

while ( $dataRow = mysql_fetch_row ( $result ) ) {

if ($Space != $dataRow[3])

  {

  echo '  <br>';
  echo '  <br>';
  echo '<br>'.$dataRow[3].'<br>';
  $Space = $dataRow[3] ;

  }
  else
  {
 echo '<td></td>';
  }

  if ($Data == "")

  {

  echo "<td>Open</td>";

  }
else
  {
 echo '<br>'.$dataRow[1].'<br>';
  }

}

echo '                </tr>';
echo '                </table>';
echo '                <div align="right">';
echo '                    <p><input type="submit" name="submit"
value="Sign
Up" tabindex="12"></p>';
echo '            </form>';

?>