Query or code?

I have this data:

    Table Log: appid   userid points  date    type
    Table Score: appid userid score

I want to verify that the last entry in table log of type "x" is equal to
the sum of the scores in table score for the same appid and userid.

Can I do this in SQL easily?  My problem is selecting the correct (most
recent) row in log in which to match the score.

Basically I want a report of AppID, TeamMemberID, log.points, score.score
that shows where points != score;

Thanks,
Beckman