Re: mail function

The textarea tag has an option called wrap, pls read below (extracted from w3c.org)

<TEXTAREA NAME="foo" ROWS=4 COLS=40 WRAP=OFF>

	Carriage returns and line feeds entered by the user are ignored
and one line of text is sent to the server. No automatic wrapping is done,
so the user must scroll horizontally to see lines that extend past the
specified column width.

<TEXTAREA NAME="foo" ROWS=4 COLS=40 WRAP=VIRTUAL>

	Carriage returns and line feeds entered by the user are mirrored
on the screen, but only one line of text is sent to the server with the
return characters stripped out. Automatic wrapping as the user enters
text is performed.

<TEXTAREA NAME="foo" ROWS=4 COLS=40 WRAP=PHYSICAL>

	Carriage returns and line feeds entered by the user are mirrored
on the screen, and all characters the user enters are sent to the server.
In addition, automatic word wrapping is performed and CR/LFs are sent
where the user agent wraps the text.

Ng Hwee Hwee wrote:

hi all,

i need to use a mail() function to send a job application to my inbox when
an applicant goes online and complete the application form. However, when
the contents of a certain field is very long, the message i get in my inbox
is truncated! can anyone help me please?

i've tried word wrap, chunk_split and chop but none worked..

the field in the form is something like <textarea name="experience"
cols="50" rows="8"></textarea>.

thank you in advance for your help!

kind regards,
hwee hwee