Re: Oracle 9 and PHP 4.3.x

On Wed, Oct 22, 2003 at 10:44:36PM +1000, Christopher Jones wrote:
> What errors does PHP give you?

ORA-03117: two-task save area overflow
ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve service name

among others, it seems to variate a little. I've tried with different
configuration settings during the tests.

> >I've set env values in httpd.conf together with the mod_env module
> >without any success, probably because there are no oracle 9 support.
>
> A common issue seems to be not setting ORACLE_HOME and ORACLE_SID in the
> shell that starts Apache.  Try setting these (and any other NLS_*, TWO_TASK
> etc. variables) before starting Apache.

In the end of my httpd.conf i have:
SetEnv ORACLE_BASE /opt/ora9
SetEnv LD_ASSUME_KERNEL 2.4.1
SetEnv THREADS_FLAG native
SetEnv ORACLE_HOME /opt/ora9/product/9.2
SetEnv LD_LIBRARY_PATH /opt/ora9/product/9.2/lib
SetEnv TNS_ADMIN /opt/ora9/product/9.2/network/admin
SetEnv ORACLE_SID netadmdb
SetEnv NLS_LANG Swedish

I also have mod_env and all those environment variables shows up in the
page phpinfo() generates.

The oracle_sid is given as argument to the function which tries to open
the datbase connection in the PHP script. But i've tried to add it as
both oracle_sid and two_task.

> http://otn.oracle.com/tech/opensource/php/apache/inst_php_apache_linux.html
> help?

Looks like it could help, I'll read it thru. Maybe i should try to use
apache 1.3.x instead of 2.0.x aswell.