Re: Using two colomns of mysql data as key/value pairs in arrays

$qry = "SELECT id, name FROM a_table";
   $result = mysql_query($qry) or die(mysql_error());
   while ($rs = mysql_fetch_row($result)) {
      $myarray[$rs[0]] = $rs[1];
   }

   is that waht you need?

   hth
   Jeff

                      Devon
                      <omicron9@comcast        To:       php-db@lists.php.net
                      .net>                    cc:
                                               Subject:   Using two colomns of mysql data as key/value pairs in arrays
                      10/20/2003 09:30
                      AM

I have been scouring the online documentation and experimenting for
hours trying to find a solution. I just can't do it.

I have two colomns of data that I am retrieving from MySQL:

   SELECT id, name FROM a_table;

I just cannot figure out how to get that data from the resource handle
into an associative array with the 'id' colomn making up the keys and
the 'name' colomn making up the values.

Any help would be wonderful! :)

Using PHP 4.3.3 on Linux if it matters.