RE: problem - query inside a function

Kirk,

First, I'd recommend troubleshooting this function by doing the following:

> [code snippet]
> function getEditData($email,$zipcode) {
>     $sql = "SELECT * FROM contact_info WHERE zipcode='$zipcode' AND
> email=\"{$email}\"";
	echo $sql; //ADD THIS LINE
> //    $query = mysql_query($sql);
> //    if (mysql_affected_rows()=="0") {
> //      $this->sendResult("Fail","We do not have the given
> //email and zipcode
> //on file.  Please go to the menu and start again.");
>     }
> [end snippet]

It SHOULD, repeat, SHOULD, depending on how you have your function
implemented, just spit out the query string in the browser window for you.
>From there you can determine if the proper query string is being sent by the
function.

My guess would be that you need to add periods (concatenate) around the
$email variable in the query string, but I'm not certain because I'm
unfamiliar with how the curly braces are used in your code.

$sql = "SELECT * FROM contact_info WHERE zipcode='$zipcode' AND
email=\".{$email}.\"";

Hope this helps.