RH 8.0 Mysql help

Would some kind soul who has installed MySql on a RH8.0 box please email me
(off list) and help me get this running?? I have installed it a dozen times,
followed the post-installation and testing from the Mysql manual and STILL
can't make this run. I need this for a e-commerce site like yesterday!!

Please help...

Robin 'Sparky' Kopetzky
Black Mesa Computers/Internet Service
Grants, NM 87020