RE: 2 problems

Not really sure of the second part of your question, but, if I remember
correctly, check boxes only appear in the POST vars if they're checked. And
I'm pretty sure their values are ON. So, if you have a color checkbox named
"red" and tha user checks it, it should show up as $_POST['color'] = ON. If
the checkbox is not checked, you won't see it in the POST vars at all.