Re: MySQL, PHP or ghost?

On Wed, 27 Aug 2003, Ruprecht Helms wrote:

> you have chosen a wrong format. The format for year is 0000. With string
> the field years don't know what to do.

 Right -- and if it doesn't know what to do, why would it insert a value
 that isn't correct and not give me an error?  It does give a warning, but
 I haven't figured out how to view the warnings (or detect them) in PHP,
 much less in MySQL.

 Thanks to all who responded -- I wanted to make sure it was a MySQL thing
 rather than a PHP thing before I posted on the MySQL lists.

Beckman