From: Peter Beckman [mailto:beckman@purplecow.com]
Sent: 27 August 2003 15:29
To: Griffiths, Daniel
Subject: RE:  MySQL, PHP or ghost?

On Wed, 27 Aug 2003, Griffiths, Daniel wrote:

> mysql will default to 2000 for a year value if you pass it "" as an entry
> because it will accept short values for the years this century, eg pass
> it "1" and it'll give you 2001, so it thinks "" is nothing. if you want
> to default to this year pass it NOW().

 I guess that's why I'm confused.  An empty quoted string shouldn't assume
 that I mean "0"; if I meant "0" I would enter "0".  It should assume I
 mean to make it nothing, and by nothing I mean an unquoted 0, or 0000.

 I just want to know where in the manual it says that passing YEAR an empty
 quoted value will cause MySQL to understand that value as a quoted "0" and
 then make the year 2000.  It's not in the YEAR section.

Beckman