Re: AGONIZING Mysql Select DB issue.

I'm not making two connections, I'm making one and only one call to
mysql_connect.  Also, there is no way in that function as per the definition
page of it (http://us3.php.net/mysql_connect) to have the database selected
as per your example below.

With my connection though, when I do:
$dbh = Mysql_connect(blah, blah, blah)
Mysql_select_db("db1")

I do call:
Mysql_query("query", $dbh);

For some reason even though I am calling mysql_select_db("db1") it is
latching onto the first available database it has access to (or not as the
case/permissions may be) and chooses "db2" instead.

I don't know why, connecting to the MySQL 3.23 it selects the right
database, connecting to the Mysql 4.x server it doesn't allow a selecting of
the table even though I do the select function and it returns true as it was
selected properly.

On 8/16/03 12:23 AM this was written:

--

Thomas Deliduka