Re: PHP Oci8 segmntation fault

Hi Radovan

Here are some suggestions

Make sure $ORACLE_HOME is set in your environment. There may be other
environment variables that the environment needs as well that are set for
the webserver process, but not when you run the command line version.

PHP 4.3.2 has a bug in it that causes php to crash with oracle support. Try
adding

#undef HAVE_OCI8_SHARED_MODE

near the top of ext/oci8/oci8.c

If your getting a core dump, then you can compile php with --enable-debug as
a configure option. run the script again and use gdb to get a backtrace.
There are instructions for doing this are at
http://bugs.php.net/bugs-generating-backtrace.php
This probably wont solve your problem, but is fun to do anyway.

Lang