Table Field type

Does anyone know what field type to use for inserting a webpage name into a database?  Example "pagename.html"

When I fill in the form information everything seems to insert fine, then I do a search to see the result and nothing is there, so I check the entry in the database and there is an empty space.  Please help.  Thanks.