MySQL and PHP?

Hello

I hope this is a rumour but I heard that MySQL is now fully GPL which it
wasn't earlier.
I think the part used to communicate with the mysql server was lgpl. Does
this mean that
when using php with mysql your php scripts have to be licensed under the gpl
as well if
released?

If this is the case what other free sql databases are there that can be used
with php?

Thanks for reading.