Store images in postgres database

Hi everybody !!!!!
I  haven´t could  store images on my postgres database tables from my php form. I did it
on mysql and this works  but now I´m working on postgres,I created a table in my
postgres db like this:

"CREATE TABLE planos(id serial primary key, image OID, filesize int(8),
filename varchar(50), filetype varchar(50)), description varchar(50);"

how can  I store images from my php form on postgres?
Regards,

Norma Ramirez