Re: mysql problem importing data

You could use mysqlimport with --fields-terminated-by=";"

or you could open it in something like Excel, parse it there (text to
columns), and save it as a CSV

or you could read it line by, line into PHP, explode each line on the
;, then insert the data into MySQL

or you could write a <YourFavLanguageHere> script that does a string
substitution of ; to ,

Lots ofother options, too, which I haven't thought of.

--- Merlin <news.groups@web.de> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I have a data file with data seperated by semicolons. It is about
> 8MB big.
> Now I just want to import it into mysql.
> I tryed several things. First I took phpmyadmin, which resulted in
> a white
> page without error msg. Then I tryed it by hand with load data.
> This did not
> work as well. No I installed myodbc and tryed to export it from MS
> Access.
> This completly crashes my database server with this message:
>
>  /usr/local/mysql/bin/safe_mysqld: line 1:  1067 Segmentation fault
> nice --5 nohup
> /usr/local/mysql/libexec/mysqld --basedir=/usr/local/mysql
> --datadir=/home/m
> ysqladm/data --user=mysql --pid-file=/home/mysqladm/var/mysqld.pid
> --skip-lo
> cking -u mysqladm >>/home/mysqladm/data/SARATOGA.err 2>&1
> 030807 00:00:45  mysqld ended
>
> Has anybody an idea on how to import that data? Its nicely
> seperated by ;
>
> Thanx for any help,
>
> Merlin
>

> --