RE: updating a column based on info from another coluimn ? Desperate!

Sorry, I'm only reading half posts today. :)

If you want to turn your + into - you'll probably have to go through one
more step and do a preg_replace(). Like

$new_url = preg_replace("+","-",$url);

I think that'll work. Again, shooting from the hip and not testing. Yeah,
baby, livin' on the wild side!

Anyway, check out this page for additional info if you need it:
http://us4.php.net/manual/en/function.preg-replace.php