RE: updating a column based on info from another coluimn? Desperate!

This note from http://us4.php.net/manual/en/function.rawurldecode.php might
explain what you're seeing if you're using urldecode()

"Note: rawurldecode() does not decode plus symbols ('+') into spaces.
urldecode() does. "

If you start out with $url = "The+Man+On+The+Moon" and you urldecode($url)
then you should, predictably, end up with The Man On The Moon.

If plus signs are a problem, you may need to implement a little bit of code
just to check the string for + then use either urldecode() or rawurldecode()
to get the output you want. Something like:

$position = stripos($urlFromDB, "+");
if($position === FALSE){
	rawurldecode($url);
}
else(
	urldecode($url);
}

or something along those lines. I'm just shooting from the hip here.
stripos() returns a boolean false so be careful there. Not sure if my if()
statement is right.