Easier Queries

Here's what I'm thinking, just looking to see if anyone has done this or
similar.

- I have a MySQL DB and I create an ODBC datasource for it on my windows box
- I then open MS Access and link the tables from my datasource
- Access provides a graphical relationship builder, so I build relations in
this
- Access also provides a graphical query builder that uses the stored
relationships
- So I build a query, view the SQL and use the SQL code in some mysql_ PHP
functions

- Maybe next I instead save the queries in a query table so I can get them
via simple name, like 'All_Customers'
Sort of analogous to MS SQL Views?

Sound good, or is there a better way?

TIA