Re: md5 question!

On Tuesday 24 June 2003 21:08, JeRRy wrote:

> I guess technically there MUST be a way to break the
> barrier where you can reverse it.  If there is a way
> to make it there is always a way to break it, somehow.
>  !!!!

Consider that whatever sized input you give it, after it's been md5'ed, you'll
get a 32 char hex string. Now how can a 32 byte string be converted back into
a multi-gigabyte file (or whatever)? It is technically possible to create two
different inputs which results in the same hash but the chances of that is
very remote and hence why md5 is pretty secure.