PHP web templates?

Hi I'm working on the site http://www.handheldwarez.com
I really like these sites style of table cells and borders etc...
http://tribes.sierra.com/
http://www.planetrenegades.com/modules.php?name=Web_Links&l_op=MostPopular
http://www.tribes2maps.com/

I've seen PHP nuke templates and am thinking that is what these sites are?

Does anyone have a favorite open source template spot?
I'd like a nice metal look like those sites.
In the past I took graphics from php nuke free site and make my own tablecell.php that prints nice boxes.
That is in use at http://www.northcountyrc.com if you wonder what I'm talking about.

Please don't burn me I'm newb and have little art skill but decent photoshop knowledge.

Any help, links is much appreciated thanks!