Posting the results of a query to an email

Hi,
I have been building up a store which now has catalogue and persistant
shopping cart which I now want to submit the results (the order) to an email
for processing.

I have a mysql db called 'cart' that holds:

Cart_id, cookie_id, item_id, and quantity.

I have a 'products' table which contains:

item_id, item_code, item_title, item_price  etc.

I want to select  item_code, qty from cart where cookie_id =
$_COOKIE["cartId"]

//the above select needs work

And then email these to the client which I would do using php's mail
function.

I'm currently trying to work out how to extract the contents of the cart,
convert the item_id to its item_code from products and then dump the results
to an email..

Can anyone provide me with some help in where to start.

thanks

--
Mike Karthauser
Managing Director - Brightstorm Ltd