From: "Manuel Lemos" <mlemos@acm.org>
To: "Becoming Digital" <subs@becomingdigital.com>
Cc: <php-db@lists.php.net>
Sent: Tuesday, 10 June, 2003 23:39
Subject: Re:  Re: Authentication Classes

Hello,

On 06/11/2003 12:33 AM, Becoming Digital wrote:
>>What you may want to do is to go in the pages of each of the classes
>>that from the descriptions seem to do what you want. Then you can check
>>which are the most popular checking their downloads ranking in their pages.
>

> That's not a bad idea.  I was, admittedly, hoping to avoid that, but it was
not
> out of laziness.
>
> I'm trying to develop a model of what makes a "good" user authentication
system.
> Obviously, the foundation of any good system is successfully identifying
users,
> but what differentiates one system from another?  I think I'm on my own here,
> but the quest must go on! ;)

I have not tried the packages to give an opinion, but this package seems
to do what you want and is the top downloaded of those in the same category:

Class: phpSecurityAdmin
http://www.phpclasses.org/phpsecurityadmin

--

Regards,
Manuel Lemos

Free ready to use OOP components written in PHP
http://www.phpclasses.org/