RE: php to make form field for each column then update page.

> I have used asp2php to convert an asp site and the update page does
not
> iterate the form contents.
> This part saves me making a giant form by making it dynamically-
>
> $dbrec=getrec($result);
>

> <form...
>
> while (list($k,$v)=each($dbrec)) {
>
>   echo "$k&nbsp;<input type='text' value='$v' name='$k'><BR>";
>

> <submit></form>...
>
> I've spent the day looking around the net and haven't found it.
> Mainly I don't know what to search for - mostly tried 'dynamic forms'
in
> google...
> Any help making update page iterate form contents and update db?
> I'd like to know a way to do it without an update statement- by
opening
> that record, setting the
> fields then updating it. Do you know example of this?

So what _is_ the result? What do you expect/want it to look like? How
isn't it working? Are you sure $dbrec is an array with values in it?

---John W. Holmes...

Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/o/registry/3BEXC84AB3A5E

PHP Architect - A monthly magazine for PHP Professionals. Get your copy
today. http://www.phparch.com/