From: "Ahmed Abdel-Aliem" <ahmed_abdelaliem@hotmail.com>
To: <php-db@lists.php.net>
Sent: Sunday, 04 May, 2003 20:06
Subject:  problem

hi again,
i use php/mysql and i have a form to enter data into tables insiede the
database
the problem is when i click the submit botton it gives me that 1 row is
affected and when i check the database with phpmyadmin i find that all the
data processed in the new row is empty, so can anyone please tell me where
is the problem?
here is the insert script :
<?
$name = addslashes($name);
$type = addslashes($type);
$date = addslashes($date);
$link = addslashes($link);
$cds = addslashes($cds);
$rate = addslashes($rate);
$cast = addslashes($cast);
$downloader = addslashes($downloader);
$downloaderlink = addslashes($downloaderlink);
@ $db = mysql_connect("localhost");
mysql_select_db("egycds");
$query = "insert into newdvd (name, type, date, link, cds, rate, cast,
downloader, downloaderlink, subtitle) values ('".$name."', '".$type."', '"
$date."', '".$link."', '".$cds."', '".$rate."', '".$cast."', '".$downloader.
', '".$downloaderlink."', '".$subtitle."')";
$result = mysql_query($query);
if ($result)
 echo mysql_affected_rows()." affected.";

?>

i use ISS on windows xp professional and i face many problem with php.ini so can
anyone send me a modified one for the last version of php to avoid all these
errors !!