Re: Array Pointer

My database is set up in this way:

fan_roster: has player id (play_id) , week, and stats on that player for
that week. So there are 20 records for each player, because there are 20
weeks.

So what I need to do is add up all the players weekly totals. so pass_yrd1
for week1 + pass_yrd1 for week2 etc.

Then I need to put the season total for that players passing yards into my
roster table under pass_yrd. The roster table only as 1 record per player
and has season stats instead of weekly stats.

So when my loop goes through and doesn't match $i with ros_id. I need to
advance $i one but ros_id needs to stay the same until there is a match.

As you can see form this url:
http://55yardline.cflmain.com/55main/2003/fantasy/tests/update.php
it's kind of working, except where there are holes in the roster table..
for example, there is no ros_id equal to 12 so it should echo "12 no player"
but it seems to skip.

Hope that makes sense.

"Mike Ford" <M.Ford@lmu.ac.uk> wrote in message
841D90E489448A4F804E1D1B95768BF7D460B9@lis-exchange3.lmu.ac.uk">news:841D90E489448A4F804E1D1B95768BF7D460B9@lis-exchange3.lmu.ac.uk...
> [...]
prev($num2) would be syntactically correct (but I doubt it's what you really
mean).