authentication problems

Hi to all,
I upgrade from Red Hat 7.2 to 7.3, but now I'm facing a problem. Most of my
pages use user authentication popup window. For some reason I can't get
access to my pages even though I type in the right user name and password.
The code for the pages remains the same, I haven't changed anything since it
was Red Hat 7.2. The window keep asking for username and password until
display the message that I'm unauthorized user. I've been trying different
approaches, but I haven't been successful.
Even I have created a script to create just the popup window to see what
values I'm passing, but still does the same thing. Does anybody have come
across on something like this?

Thanks in advance
Nato

here is the code to display the values that I type in
<?php

	// Check to see if $PHP_AUTH_USER already contains info

	if (!isset($PHP_AUTH_USER)) {

		// If empty, send header causing dialog box to appear
		header('WWW-Authenticate: Basic realm="My Private Stuff"');
		header('HTTP/1.0 401 Unauthorized');
		echo 'Authorization Required.';
		exit;
	}

		// If not empty, display values for variables

	else {

		echo "
		<P>You have entered this username: $PHP_AUTH_USER<br>
		You have entered this password: $PHP_AUTH_PW<br>
		The authorization type is: $PHP_AUTH_TYPE</p>
		";

	}

?>

Nato Castro