Re: printing with php

Hi Carol

I don't think you'll strike lucky here !!  PHP is a server-side, not client-side language and therefore doesn't know anything about the client's printer or its settings.  You can use PHP to create a page that is formatted nicely and will therefore print well.  There are also some IE specific CSS properties that you can use to control line breaks, etc. (These may be supported by other 6+ series browsers but I'm not sure).

As far as controlling the printer, you're out of luck.  You can use JavaScript to start the printing, so that people don't have to go via the menu, but again this isn't well supported in older 4.x series browsers.

If anyone knows different I'd be really interested to know about it, but I think you're out of luck!!  PHP is good, but it can't do the impossible (unless you have the php_do_impossible.so module installed!!).

;-)

Ronan
e: ronan@thelittledot.com
t: 01903 739 997