Re:[PHP-DB] Shopping Cart Prob

I would love a deeper explanation of how to submit multiple updates using a single form. I see the suggestion to "iterate through the submitted values to update your cart." I'm just not sure how to do that. I'm new to PHP/MySQL and very grateful for the good help I've gotten from members of this community. Thanks!

Mark

Original message:

From: "Michael Scappa" <mscappa@mrbcomm.com>
Date: Wed May 21, 2003  8:47:52  PM America/Chicago
To: "Boa Constructor" <mickel@ntlworld.com>, <php-db@lists.php.net>
Subject: Re:  Shopping Cart Prob

Right off the problem with your cart updating the quantities is because you
are using <form> tags for each item in the cart, hence when you click the
submit button its only submitting the contents within the LAST <form> tag
within your source, however when you are in the actual textbox and hit enter
it submits THAT form by default (whichever form houses the textbox you
happen to be in). Loose the form tags, just make one, and have it iterate
through the submitted values to update your cart -- you might already be
doing this as I haven't looked @ the php part yet.

-Mike