Re: oracle 92 / IIS / windows

        Hi,

    I believe you have to make sure you have correctly installed the Oracle
client libraries
and that they are in your PATH;
    I also think you have to make sure you supply the correct parameters to
the
    OCILogon function
    especially the database parameter.
    It has to be a name from tnsnames.ora
    For instance:
    lets's say you have in tnsnames.ora:
    CONN.LOCAL =
      (DESCRIPTION =
        (ADDRESS_LIST =
          (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = 192.168.0.1)(PORT = 1521))
        )
        (CONNECT_DATA =
          (SID = ORCL)
        )
      )

    If  I remember correctly you would have to connect like this:
    $conn = OCILogon("scott", "tiger", "CONN.LOCAL");

    I hope this helps,
Catalin

"Joe Price" <jprice@ceccontrols.com> wrote in message
20030519171332.53788.qmail@pb1.pair.com">news:20030519171332.53788.qmail@pb1.pair.com...

> Hello, I have PHP running ISAPI on IIS on windows XP (currently, going to
> deploy on 2000). My requirements are to connect to Oracle 92 DB and
present
> data using charts using GD image functions from PHP. I have PHP and GD
> working fine. The Oracle functionality is still problematic. I finally got
> rid of the 'cannot load oracle oci dll' messages, permisions of course..
Now