oracle 92 / IIS / windows

Hello, I have PHP running ISAPI on IIS on windows XP (currently, going to
deploy on 2000). My requirements are to connect to Oracle 92 DB and present
data using charts using GD image functions from PHP. I have PHP and GD
working fine. The Oracle functionality is still problematic. I finally got
rid of the 'cannot load oracle oci dll' messages, permisions of course.. Now
when I try to connect to the db I get this:

Warning: _oci_open_server:    in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\php\oracle.php on line
3
<refresh>
Warning: _oci_open_server: `Wí in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\php\oracle.php on line
3
<refresh>
Warning: _oci_open_server: `Wõ in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\php\oracle.php on line
3

Note how the error message changes slightly when I refresh.

Now oracle connectivity works with for instance TOAD, so i think its php
specific.

Any suggestions?

Thank You!
-Joe Price