Varibale Scope

I am using PHP 4.2.2 and have Superglobals set on.

I use a form with a post method to bring up a detail record.  I then want to
use a variable from this page ($GLOABLS['property_number'] on the next page.
Users select the next page by clicking on a text link but the variable is
not their.

What has happened to the variable ?
Is there a good way to pass this one variable?

Thanks
Harlan