Re: Connecting PHP to Oracle9i

On Thu, 15 May 2003 13:05:09 -0500
"Vaughn, Paul" <Paul.Vaughn@amhealthways.com> wrote:

> Sorry, I should have posted two messages.  This example was for connecting
> to Oracle.
>
> My issue seems to have been not including the connection ($conn) with the
> ociparse statement.  I was not accustom to that with MySql.
>
> $result = mysql_query("select * from users");
>
> vs.
>
> $sql = ("select * from dw_val.process_user");
> $query = OCIParse ($conn, $sql);

there should also follow

OCIExecute($query);

> Now I'm am connected and returning results from my query.  For future
> reference, is this just a difference in coding style, or mysql and oci
> functions?

In mySQL there is nothing much to do between the query and the execution
while in Oracle you can also bind the variables once they were parsed
and before they get executed. read the documentation. Take a look at
OCIBindByName().

--
Maxim Maletsky
maxim@php.net