Antwort: Re: [PHP-DB] Connecting PHP to Oracle9i

Hi,

Pavels suggestion is a good start, use oracle_connect and the other
functions only with orcle prior to 8.x. OCI8 is perfect for Oracle >=8.x.

The most important step is to install the oracle client on the windows
server where php runs. PHP needs the oracle client. Install it, make sure
that the environment variables like ORACLE_HOME are set up correctly and
enable the oci8 extension in the php.ini on your web server. If the oracle
server is already running on the same server as php your oracle environment
should already be set up fine :)

Regards,
Thomas
Thomas Sinka