Re: passing variables between forms.

> however when I go to the indpaper.php and try use the ID variable it is empty,
>
> echo("ID to delete: " . $ID );

Check php.ini to see if register_globals are off as I suspect the case is.

http://www.php.net/manual/en/language.variables.external.php

try
echo("ID to delete: " . $_GET['ID'] );
or even
echo("ID to delete: " . $HTTP_GET_VARS['ID'] );

hope this helps
pete

Angelo Zanetti wrote:
Hello I am new to php.

I have a table that is populated with entries. when a user clicks on 1 I want it to open a new php form and send the ID (field in table) to the newly opened php form.

everything seems to be working well I see that the variable is passed the value (ID) in the URL but when I reference the variable in the called php page the variable seems empty.

here is the anchor link from first page with table:

echo("<a href='indpaper.php?ID=" .$row["BiblioID"]. "'>");

this seems to be working fine.

the URL:

http://localhost/ebusiness/indpaper.php?ID=42

as you can see is being passed the value 42. however when I go to the indpaper.php and try use the ID variable it is empty,

echo("ID to delete: " . $ID );

why is it empty?? can anyone help??

thanx in advance