Re: Database Design Advice

> One table, with a field for categories, and if necessary, a flag to
> identify a particular item as a special.

Ordinarily, I would go this route, but the specials are not normal menu items
and as such should not otherwise be displayed.  Given that the specials are to
be updated daily as well, I thought it best to devote a table to them.

> I'd bet you could even include drinks in the "foods" table.

Another aspect I'd considered.  However, the drink menu is extensive and there
is a section of the site devoted to the restaurant's bar, so again, I thought
another table was warranted.

Your further comments are welcome.

Edward Dudlik
Becoming Digital