Thumb nail images to MySql

Hi all

I am in need of advise on how I can auto create a thumbnail image file, of a
fixed size say 100x60, from my original upload image file uploaded to a set
path and then write both paths to my MySql table fields "s_img" for the
thumb and "l_img" for the large image.

I am not storing the image to the db rather uploading them the two
directories .

Any help with this will be very much appreciated and I thank anyone in
advance for any pointer or even better code examples

Dave C

---