RE: difficult count statement

> I am running a mysql db and I would like to figure out how to count
member
> growth.
>
> For a chart I would need the number of members who have registered
each
> day.
>
> Something like this:
> count (*) AS c
> WHERE
>  regdate = '20030501'
>
> does not really make sense, since I would have to query the db for
each
> day
> making it dramaticly slow.
> Has anybody an idea on how to get the numbers registered each day to
fead
> graph with data?

SELECT date_column, COUNT(*) AS c FROM table GROUP BY date_column

Will give you a count for each date in the table. If you want it for a
range, then use:

SELECT date_column, COUNT(*) AS c FROM table WHERE date_column BETWEEN
20030101 AND 20030201 GROUP BY date_column

Substitute your own dates, of course.

---John W. Holmes...

PHP Architect - A monthly magazine for PHP Professionals. Get your copy
today. http://www.phparch.com/