From: Ryan robertson [mailto:ryanrobertson@mac.com]
Sent: 26 April 2003 23:50
To: php-db@lists.php.net
Subject:  Beginner MySQL question...

Hello,

This is a terribly beginner question, but I'm stumped and not sure
where to turn.  I'm just starting out with PHP and MySQL and am stuck
at such a basic task.

I'm trying to execute the following code:

	$query = "use members";
	// If this query is succesfull, and returns a 1. this means that the
database members can be used.
	// If it returns 'null' then it doesn't exist.
	if (mysql_query($query) == null)
	{

However, I receive the following error message:

Warning :  Access denied for user: 'root@localhost' (Using password:
NO) in /Users/ryanr/Sites/Accounts/config.php on line 51

Any help would be much appreciated to help make the error go away.  :-)

Thanks!

Ryan

--
"Life is not a contest"