RE: Connecting and creating mysql db on a web site

lycos most likely have some sort of online control pannel that you will have to admin MySQL through so you should contact them for info on how to set up a new database (you may need to send them an email for this) once you have your db set up then you may be able to use phpMyAdmin, but it more likely that lycos will force you to use their own control pannel

stick with php and MySQL though as its the perfect combo, and if you dont get it working on lycos try a different hosting service (you might have to pay), but you will find it a lot easier to work with and you'll be able to use tools such as phpMyAdmin properly.

-----Original Message-----
From: Christian Grassi [mailto:christian.grassi@libero.it]
Sent: 23 April 2003 09:15
To: php-db@lists.php.net
Subject:  Connecting and creating mysql db on a web site

I'm registered on a site (lycos) that offer free hosting and provide a
support for PHP and MYSQL.
I tried to see any information through PHP but I can't retrive information.
I tried to run PHPMYADMIN on the site, but it dosen't run.
How can I do to use a database on the site? Can I do everything with PHP or
I have to use other devices?

Thank you in advice! Sorry for my english I'm italian.
Christian Grassi