Re: Selecting next ID and less?

Hi!

This problem seems to be similar to Raymond Lilleødegård's problem (subject
of the emails:  Inserting data without a reference in the row.)

I suggest to add another column holding the number of the puzzles. Everytime
you delete a puzzle or change something in the db you have to update this
column to sustain the integrity of the numbers so that no holes come into
existance (as you said it - it is not very good, that the primary key is
more than a unique identifier, which should be his single job).

Unfortunately it is not possible to add a second auto_increment so the
moment you create this table you have to write a small proggie which numbers
the rows...

Hope this helps?

.ma