javascript cookies for php relational menus

Hi All,

I hope this is an appropriate question for this list. If not, just let me know.

I have a php script for querying a database, wherein the query fields are all relational, or dependent menus. The menus are created in JavaScript, but are dynamically populated from the database with php. (A user selects a table to query, and the next two menus are dynamically filled with the columns from the selected table.)

What I need to do is create JavaScript cookies to remember the menu selections when the page is reloaded. The problem (I think) exactly how to set cookie names that will match the names of the php-generated menu options. Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Robbie Staufer

--
Robbie Staufer