populating a Drop down menue dynamically

Hey everyone... based on the users choice i need to populate a drop down list of items from an Access backend database. Scenario:
1. a students select one of the following choices from a static drop down list:  (Accounting, Management, Marketing, Economics). and clicks a REFRESH button.2.  A php code detects the choice and accordingly goes to the access database and graps all the Accounting courses (for example) and populate a drop down list with all the courses. I need someone to point me to the right code.  I am new to PHP and I need help ASAP.
Appriciated,Yousef