connecting to paradox over a network

Hi

I have a problem connecting to  paradox  over a network as follows.

I have set up the system dsn with the correct path, I use odbc_connect(

"dsn", "user", "pwd" ); to connect.
I get a sql error [Microsoft][Driver ODBC Paradox] Couldn't open
Paradox.net., SQL state S1000 in SQLConnect in ...

If i copy the db to the local drive and amend the system dsn to map to
the
local drive it works.

Any ideas?

Regards