Re: Sharing variable values among PHP files

Hi Leif

On 01 Apr,2003 at  3:07 Leif K-Brooks wrote:

<snip>
> Please, please, PLEASE don't give advice!  If you don't know the answer,
> DON'T COMMENT!  The method you posted is for register_gkobals on, which
> it won'tr always (and shouldn't be)!

</snip>

No need to be rude ... its very easy to adjust this code so that it doesn't need register_globals.  The logic of the code is the point.  I simply offered an alternative way of handling session vars that I feel is cleaner and clearer.

Please don't go off the deep end with replies.  There's no need.  If you felt that you should point out the register_globals issue, then a simple 'Don't forget register_globals needs to be turned on here and it probably isn't' would suffice.

While I am not a php guru (as you seem to be) I have been working with it for a long time commercially and do have some experience, so I am occasionally able to offer pointers on people's questions and offer such advice freely, in the hope that it will help.

Lets all be adults, shall we ?  You don't get any points for flaming.  We're here to learn not fight.

<snip>
> Ronan Chilvers wrote:
>
> >Coments inline...
> >
> ><snip>
> >On 01 Apr,2003 at 10:04 Mustafa Ocak wrote:
> >

> >>You can store the value in a session variable

</snip>

--
Ronan
e: ronan@thelittledot.com