Generate thumbnails from MySql database

Hi all

I have a database holding file locations of images on my system.

This works fine and shows them fine on a webpage.

I was wondering if it is possible to generate and automatic thumbnail
from the original image (all jpegs) so that I can click the thumbnail to
see the larger image. I know I can make a small image and a large images
and store and retrieve those  but I was just wondering if it is possible
to do auto thumbnails from the array of images.

Thanks for na advice in advance

Dave C

---