Addslashes (MSSQL)

Hi,

I have a problem that lets you add a record to a database.  THere is a
problem with it, and the following is the area of the program where it has
problem.

----

	$created_date = date('m, d, Y');

	$title = strip_tags($title);
	$keywords = strip_tags($keywords);
	$content = strip_tags($content);
	$product = strip_tags($product);

	if (!get_magic_quotes_gpc()) {
		$title = addslashes($title);
		$keywords = addslashes($keywords);
		$product = addslashes($product);
		$content = addslashes($content);
	}

	$query = "SELECT * FROM knowledgeBase";
	$result = mssql_query($query);

	$ID = mssql_num_rows($result);
	$ID += 1;

	$query2 = "INSERT INTO knowledgeBase(
			ID,
			Title,
			Keywords,
			Content,
			[Created Date],
			[Updated Date],
			Product)
		   VALUES(
			'".$ID."',
			'".$title."',
			'".$keywords."',
			'".$content."',
			'".$created_date."',
			'Never',
			'".$product."')";
	$result2 = mssql_query($query2);

----

where my $content value is osmethign like this.

"Step 1: Access the homepage
Step 2: type in your username under the field 'username' "

and after the addslashes funciton there would be \ around the 'username'
like this..
\'username\'....and now after running this program I got an error message:

Warning: MS SQL message: Line 14: Incorrect syntax near 'username'.
(severity 15) in d:\apache_docroots\internal.infomart.ca\infodesk\kb_add.php
on line 119

Warning: MS SQL: Query failed in
d:\apache_docroots\internal.infomart.ca\infodesk\kb_add.php on line 119

does any body have any idea?  I did the same thing with another problem but
it worked fine.  I have no idea what the problem is.  I know I need to
addslashes to the string since I am putting it in the valuable
$query2......please advise..

THanks!.