Re: PHP and Sendmail

You have two options. First option is to get sendmail for windows. You're going to pay for this, but there is a sendmail replacement for windows out there that most people don't know about. I've used it and it's really excellent. The only think you would have to change is the location of sendmail in your php.ini. You can find it at http://www.indigostar.com. It'll cost you about $50, but it's well worth it if you need sendmail functionality in windows. Of course, with PHP your best bet is to just use the built in SMTP support that comes with it. As long as you have access to an SMTP server you don't need sendmail. I use both, but I only use the sendmail app with perl apps and stuff like that, I just have PHP send stuff straight to the SMTP server.

Nick

Chris Payne wrote:

Hi there everyone,

I might soon be moving my server from Linux to Windows, and I was wondering if I will have to rewrite my PHP - Sendmail code to work on Windows Apache? Or is there a better system than sendmail for PHP on Windows?

Oh BTW it has to support HTML.

Please help. if I do have to rewrite my form code it will take weeks LOL :-)

Thanks

Chris